Lots happens in the radio industry each week so hears a summery of the week we just enjoyed.
Here’s what happened
RTE will be happy out after they got plenty of nominations at the New York Radio Awards. Ireland’s nominations are mainly for Radio 1 and Lyric FM with a few nominations for independent producers also. Congratulations to everyone who got nominated and the very best of luck.
Put Ireland in the keywords search box here to see all our nominations
RTE are continuing their push into podcasts after new podcast My First Ride launched this week. RTE have been doing quite well with podcasts recently, here’s where they sit in the charts as I write this.
- RTE are first seen in the charts with the podcast of Doc on One at number 8.
- Today With Claire Byrne sits at 17.
- People are talking to Joe at 30 with LiveLine.
- And at number 44 you have RTE’s new My First Ride.
We can compare that to some other big podcasts to get a feel for the market.
- Love island : the morning after sits at 18.
- Ready To Be Real by Síle Seoige is at a very respectable 26.
- MARIO Rosenstock is hanging out at 33.
- And the BBC global news podcast hits the list at 37
There seems to be a good few Irish podcasts in the charts so it’s good to see a dent being made in that space. Perhaps RTÉ should offer more sponsorship opportunities for these podcasts and give smaller brands a shot at getting media sponsorships.
All charts data sourced from Apple Podcasts
Check out RTE’s newest podcast here
Finally this week we conducted an interview with Cian Drake who just released his first radio documentary. You can listen to On The Record at the link below
Read the interview and listen to the documentary here
And that is the summery for this week. Come back to radio land next week for more radio news📻 and be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram for extra stories.